Monday, June 3, 2013

Steve Michel


Wife:  Cheryl (married 1979)
Kids:  Amy 28, Ben 25, Heidi 23, Kalie 21
Live:  Plymouth, MN
Church:  Calvary Lutheran of Golden Valley, MN
Job. Salesman

I'm excited to go with Cheryl, Heidi, Kalie, and our group of 16 to Haiti!  I'm sure our time in Haiti will impact me more than any positive impact I would hope to make.  And I'm sure our group, as I do, hopes and prays that all the people we see and meet in Haiti will see a little glimpse of the saving grace of Jesus in all of us.

Born 1703, what John Wesley said hundreds of years ago is applicable today for me (but hard to live up to) for this trip and beyond:  "Do all the good you can.  By all the means you can.  In all the ways you can.  In all the places you can.  At all the times you can.  To all the people you can.  As long as ever you can."

And one of many reasons I and other people need to go to Haiti today to try and make a difference for the better, versus brush Haiti off as a lost nation and a lost peoples, happens to be captured in another John Wesley quote:  "What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace."  




No comments:

Post a Comment