Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cheryl Michel


Hi, I'm Cheryl Michel.  I live in Plymouth with my husband, Steve.  We have four children, the older two are married and your younger two, Heidi and Kalie, are joining Steve and I on this mission trip.  I look forward to this opportunity to be "Jesus' hands and feet" serving young and old in Haiti.  Heidi, Kalie and I are all educators and one way we will serve is by teaching a Bible lesson to the children.  I pray that God will be glorified as we serve!


1 comment:

  1. Well, it was a long day. We started with a 2:20 am wake up and met at the airport at 3:45 am. First we flew to Miami, had a couple hour lay over and then flew to Haiti. There are 16 of us on this mission trip and through the incredible generosity of many people we brought 25 bags of medical supplies, tarps for roofs for people in Cite Soliel, the poorest slum in the world, nutritious food for the elderly, and flip-flops for the children in the orphanages. God provided in amazing ways as the agent checking us in overlooked our bags that were over the weight limit. Every bag made it here. Praise God!! Leaving the airport we stuffed all the bags and all of us in the little Healing Haiti bus called a Tap-tap. We traversed some very rough roads to get to the compound where we are staying. It is guarded well at night and this is where all of our food is prepared so we feel very safe.

    Tomorrow we will bring clean water to the slum, Cite Soliel. I am told it will be quite an experience!

    Well, I didn't get much sleep last night so I am off to bed. Thank you so much for your prayers for all of us. What a joy to share this experience with Steve, Heidi and Kalie! I am so proud of all of them for coming to serve.

    Ke Bondye Beni'ou (God bless you!)
    Goodnight! Cheryl Michel

    ReplyDelete